Foundation Membership in JAFSCD
JAFSCD publishes peer-reviewed research that helps foundations and their grantees make better evidence-based program decisions
Evidence-based information generated through collaborations between researchers and grassroots groups provides the foundation on which local food system programs and policies should be based. JAFSCD articles inform grant proposals and funding decisions — and help target funding so it makes the greatest impact.
We ask foundations and other philanthropic organizations to become members of the JAFSCD Shareholder Consortium to keep the journal free to all and to support our work with researchers and grassroots groups to build out the applied local food system research literature.
Our innovative community-supported journal model provides an ongoing, broad base of support that not only keeps JAFSCD free, but also maintains a suite of innovative programs that help emerging researchers, foster practitioner-activist/academic partnerships, and give voice to grassroots organizations working in less privileged and isolated communities — and to hold the journal accountable for helping with this work.
JAFSCD seeks foundation members to join like-minded university programs, nonprofits, progressive food companies, and others in its Shareholder Consortium.
The recommended annual Foundation Membership fee for the JAFSCD Shareholder Consortium is $5,000.
Benefits to Foundation Members and their grantees:
- Innovative and engaged research on trends in the field
- The latest methods of project evaluation and impact metrics
- Columns from influential thought leaders, and insightful case studies
- JAFSCD's newletter to inform your grantees’ work in their communities
- Opportunities for your staff and grantees to submit reflective essays, commentaries, and Voices from the Grassroots that share your successes, challenges, and opportunities
- Participation as a member of the JAFSCD Shareholder Consortium to inform editorial direction, selection of special calls for papers, and networking with colleagues
- Free editorial mentoring and coaching for your staff or grantees
- A premium listing in the Sustainable Food Systems Sourcebook
- Listing on the JAFSCD website and issue PDFs as an ongoing shareholding member
Click HERE to become an annual Foundation Member!
For more information on foundation membership in the JAFSCD Shareholder Consortium, contact JAFSCD editor-in-chief Duncan Hilchey at +1-607-342-0258 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation is proud to be a member of the JAFSCD Shareholder Consortium. By providing evidence-based information to a range of stakeholders and audiences, JAFSCD has become an integral part of the good food infrastructure. We see support of JAFSCD as a stewardship opportunity — a community responsibility — in our efforts to ensure good food for children and families.
— Linda Jo Doctor,
W.K. Kellogg Foundation